Here’s some food for thought.
- In a high-end hand phone, 70% of the functions we never get to use.
- In an expensive car, 70% of the speed and gadgets are just there for the heck of it.
- If you own a luxurious villa or mansion, 70% of the space is usually not used or occupied.
- If you have a wardrobe of clothes, 70% of them is not worn!
This is just an insignificant list of a whole load of things we do not need much of, or use much of, if we have them.
So, as we journey along in our life, what is important is to protect and make full use of the 30% that we really need and do use.
- Drink more water, even if not thirsty.
- Learn to let go, even if faced with grave problems.
- Endeavour to give in, even if you are in the right.
- Remain humble, even if you are very rich and powerful.
- Learn to be contented, even if you are not rich.
- Exercise your mind and body, even if you are very busy.
- Make time for people you care about.
- “Be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.” – Desiderat
My dear son, life is really short – live life to the fullest – Enjoy.