A friend emailed this to me, and after reading it, I thought the thoughts and sentiments expressed were something I should share with you. They contain some kernels of truth that can help us navigate this journey through life. Read, ponder and act on them.
“In a high-end hand phone, 70% of the functions are useless! In an expensive car, 70% of the speed and gadgets are not needed. If you own a luxurious villa or mansion, 70% of the space is usually not used or occupied. How about your wardrobes, full of clothes and shoes? 70% of them are not worn! A whole life of work and earnings…70% is for other people to spend.
So, we must protect and make full use of our 30%.
• Go for medical check-ups even if not sick.
• Drink more water, even if not thirsty.
• Learn to let go, even if you were badly hurt.
• Endeavour to give in and make peace, even if you are in the right.
• Remain humble, even if you are very rich and powerful.
• Learn to be contented, even if you are not rich.
• Exercise your mind and body, even if you are very busy.
• Make time for people you care about.
LIFE IS SHORT… ENJOY & LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!”
Love you son.
By Charles Anyiam-Osigwe
Photo Credit: Marianne Olaleye.